“Missionaries are very human folks, just doing what they are asked. Simply a bunch of nobodies trying to exalt Somebody.” – Jim Elliot
Why Niger? Our home church, Lake City Community Church (LC3), adopted an unreached people group in Niger. We like to say that we didn’t pick Niger – God did.
What are we doing? We serve the African church in the area of Marriage and Family Life Ministry.
Vision of Family Life Ministry role:
The vision for Family Life Ministry is to enrich the lives of young couples, parents and engaged couples to equip them for their roles as spouses and parents through counseling, seminars, and retreats.
Responsibilities of Family Life Counselor:
- Do pre-marriage training with engaged couples.
- Mentor older couples to be able to do pre-marital counseling with young couples.
- Counsel couples and families who may be struggling with marital or child-raising issues.
- Provide seminars and/or retreats that deal with various marital and child-raising subjects.
- Equip couples and parents to establish godly homes and raise godly children.